Saturday 9 July 2016

Mr Frank's Holiday - Biking


The road to the lake.
I like to go on bike rides whenever I can. During term time I normally have just enough time for 1 or 2 quick weekend rides in between planning and marking for school, catching up with friends, and doing the chores. But during the holidays I have time for some longer rides.

This weekend I took on one of my favourite challenges. It involves a ride to Lake Rotokare which is beautiful piece of bush encircled by a predator free fence. Then I stash my bike in the trees and run around the lake walkway which is lots of fun with big roots to leap over and branches to duck under and swing from. Once I make it back to my bike I jump on it again and head for home. It takes me about two hours in total.

The holidays are a perfect time for catching up with my fitness activities. It's a real treat to have time to challenge myself more than usual.
The road back home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment